The National Latin@ Network Blog is a place to share information, resources and opinions; ask questions; receive new information; and start conversations on topics relevant to our work. We require anyone who comments on the Blog to review the information below and agree to follow its guidelines, etiquette and rules. Providing any information, comment, link, ideas or intellectual property of any kind (“Comments”) to or on the National Latin@ Network Blog or any specific blogs provided by Casa de Esperanza or the National Latin@ Network at its sole discretion (collectively, “Blog”) by any person does not constitute a contract with Casa de Esperanza or the National Latin@ Network, and no consideration or compensation will be paid or payable by Casa de Esperanza or any user of the Blog for any Comments.
When commenting on the Blog, it is critical to consider your personal and your family’s safety at all times. When posting Comments on the Blog, it is important to remember not to include or otherwise give out any personal information, such as telephone numbers, social security numbers, home address, e-mail addresses, instant messaging handles or work address. Always use caution when giving out any personal or identifying information to someone you have met in any chat room or message board.
While moderators of the Blog will be monitoring the Blog and Comments and will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree by commenting on the Blog (1) that all Comments posted to the Blog solely express the views and opinions of their authors and do not represent and are not approved or authorized as the views, opinions, policies, plans or beliefs of Casa de Esperanza or the National Latin@ Network; any person acting in a capacity as an employee, officer or representative of Casa de Esperanza; or any moderator or trainer and (2) that no liability will accrue or attach under any circumstances to any such persons with respect to the Blog or any Comment.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful or threatening material, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may jeopardize your ability to post comments to the Blog in the future. You agree that the moderators of this Blog have the right to remove, edit, move or close any Comment or topic on the Blog at any time in their sole discretion. As a user you agree that any Comment or other information you have provided on the Blog may be stored in a database and made available without limitation or restriction to Casa de Esperanza and its authorized representatives. Casa de Esperanza; its officers, employees, directors or representatives; and the administrator and moderators are not and cannot be held responsible for any hacking (attempted or successful) or other unauthorized access that may lead to the compromise, disclosure or corruption of a Comment or data. In addition to the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that any Comment or data you provide on the Blog is not entitled to confidentiality and will be available to any user of the Blog.
- Safety. We would like to stress safety issues for individuals who have been or are in abusive situations or relationships. To help maintain the safety of individuals we have included an EXIT button at the top of the National Latin@ Network website. Also, we recommend deleting the history of your website. Remember, though, that there are lots of places in your computer that information is stored, so exiting or deleting the history does not guarantee that someone using or hacking into your computer won’t find out that you’ve visited our site. If you’re concerned about this possibility, try to use a safe or safer computer. Click on this link to access more information on technology safety: http://www.nnedv.org/internetsafety.html
- Flaming. Do not post any comments that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another user. We encourage debates as long as people argue the point but not the person.
- Trolling. Do not post with the sole purpose of evoking an emotional response or to fish for information. Anything seen as trolling will result in removal of the Comment.
- Spamming. Please do not double comment or cross-comment the same message or Comment in multiple blogs.
- Offensive Posts, Links or Images. Language in the Blog should be kept courteous, respectful and free of racial, ethnic and religious profanity or other offensive material.
- Advertising. Please do not post advertisements for products or services.
- No Disclosure of Personal Information. Privacy is of the essence. It is important to not share your own or anyone else’s email, real name, home or work address, phone number, IP, instant messaging or email address, social security number or other personal information.
- Report. Please immediately report any violations of the rules/etiquette guidelines to our Moderators via the following email address. Moderator to report any innapropiate message or to ask any questions about topic content firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confidentiality. We understand you would like to share success stories and challenges of your work. However, we require that you do not use participants/clients real names or locations.
These rules are subject to change. We reserve the right to remove, edit or move Comments at any time and at our sole discretion.